The Garden Well
Based in Melbourne, Australia
When it's done.
PC / Mac
Explore a tiny world that combines traditional animation & nature photography. Take control of the boisterous Tala as she ventures on a quest to help save her mentor, the Town Guardian, who is stranded in the deep woods. Work with your fellow townsfolk to help collect the parts and repair the old dingy town airplane so you can fly out and save them.
Originally concieved as an art test in late 2014, Tala quickly grew into a full fledged project when Matthew downloaded a copy of Unity and the Adventure Creator plugin and started to hack together a very basic prototype in his first foray into using Unity. It wasn't long before the potential of Tala was noticed. When he had the free time, Matthew would what little free time he could spare on the Tala, slowly building it up 20 minutes here, a couple of hours there. That brings us to the present time with the Reveal Trailer out there and a teaser game that's in its final stages of polish.
- A gorgeous art style that combines traditional animation techniques and nature photography.
- Nonverbal dialog system; Tala is a wordless experience. All of the conversations that you have with the townsfolk are completely visual.
- Interactive Environment; Tala is about play as much as it's about exploration. Lots of the background features have superfluous animations that help the world feel alive.
- Puzzles! Special care is put into the puzzle design try and stay away for puzzles that adhere to moon logic.
- Music by Canadian fingerstyle guitarist Cody Rueger codyruegermusic.bandcamp.com
Reveal Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
An album of high quality gfys via gfycat. gfycat.com.
A set of mp4s that will loop on twitter. thegardenwell.games.
About The Garden Well
The Garden Well is a one man boutique games studio with a focus on building short, refinined experiences with a strong art direction.
More information on The Garden Well, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Art, Animation, Development.